Friday, October 8, 2010

Black Ball 2010행사에 대해 얘기하는 앨리샤

It's possible that I was floating at this year's KCA Black Ball. No, maybe a better description is that I was literally LEVITATING!Many of you know that the Black Ball we do every year to Benefit my organization, Keep a Child Alive, is our annual fund-raiser to continue to provide medicine to children and families who have AIDS and wouldn't be able to afford it otherwise. We also are able to continue all the surrounding care that goes with that, like building clinics in places that have never had one, scaling up organizations that already exist but need support, building orphanages and safe places for the many children who have lost their parents to the disease and providing food and care, because what good is medicine without nourishment? These are some of the things that the Black Ball helps to achieve. So, as I was saying, many of you know about the Black Ball but maybe what you don't know is just how much it gives me the chills to be a part of something so officially meaningful!Also, as an artist it is a TREMENDOUS thrill to be able to bring onto the stage people who would normally NEVER touch the same stage on the same night and create a once in a life time experience that you have never seen before. And it's pretty much guaranteed that you will never see again.Some of the past people that I've been blessed to bring on stage have been Lenny Kravitz, Usher, Roy Ayers, Sheryl Crow, Gwen Stephanie, Bono, Kathleen Battle, David Bowie, John Mayer and so many more.But honestly, to bring out Janelle Monae, Jay-Z and SADE this time!!!!!!!!! Wow! SADE??????? This was one of the most exciting moments of my life!There are certain people who you just KNOW their spirit; they have an effect on you and impact you so much so that you can just feel their pureness - even if you've only see them occasionally on TV, through Youtube searches or gazing at their album cover for extended periods of time, as if you'll find something you've never seen before. Anyway, I think you know what I mean. This is how I feel about Sade!At every Black Ball I've done a duet with an artist that is either totally unexpected or just something I love so much from the artist's catalogue that to do it with them is just incredible for me!So when I was trying to think of the ONE song that would be perfect for Sade and me to sing, it was VERY difficult!! I mean! There are SO many favorites!! No Ordinary Love??? Cherish the Day?? Pearls??? The choices were endless.Nonetheless, I chose the song below. One of my all time favorites in the UNIVERSE!!! And I felt as if I wouldn't be able to keep my feet on the ground or that someone had better pinch me cause this was unreal!!This was a moment in my life I will NEVER forget!! So even if you couldn't be there at this year's Black Ball.....now in a little way, you were there....Thank you for your love and your support! The work that Keep A Child Alive does is truly unique, meaningful and direct!!Ok Alicia, breathe! ;-)Enjoy this sneak peak of one of the many incredible moments of the night!


Source

No comments:

Post a Comment