Friday, February 25, 2011

앨리샤의 블로그 포스트: The Most Powerful Force in the World

By Alicia Keys


Lately I can't help but think of the most powerful force in the world... women.


What an incredible mystery we are: So strong and capable, yet gentle and vulnerable. Extremely complex, with bodies made as God's masterpiece.


Now that I'm a mother, I think of my mother often. I look at her through different eyes. I think of all she did for me, gave to me, gave up FOR me. I think of how much she loves me. I think of a mother's love......


Everywhere I look, I can see the expression of a mother's love: In the massive buildings on Broadway, in the classes of a school, in the growing of trees and flowers, in the stars in the sky; none would be possible without it.


Lately, I've been meeting powerhouse executive moms. I think of how much there is to juggle, to be, to do. I had a lot of interesting meetings this week where I met with all kinds of interesting people, but I found myself ZOOMING IN on the mothers in the room. I couldn't help it, but I want to know their tricks. When did they start their children on sleep schedules? How do they balance the demands of work and motherhood? How about time for yourself? Is it true you have to leave your child in their crib and refrain from picking them up to REALLY get them to sleep through the night? ( I'm obviously thinking about getting Egypt to sleep, huh? LOL)


The more I learn about the lives of different women, be it the professional woman, the stay-at-home woman, the single parent woman, the executive woman, the philanthropic woman - the list goes on and on - I become filled with pride. As women, we may not have it all, but we do it all. Call us friends, wives, mommies, wonder women, super women— we seriously kick ass.


The thing I have found we have in common is that we're all just trying to do our best. We're figuring it out, we're all growing and learning everyday. Because without the wonders of a woman, nothing would grow as tall, nothing would be built as big, nothing would be so fragrant, or shine as bright. So the more I think about it, the more I'm certain that a woman's love is the most powerful force in the world.



Source

No comments:

Post a Comment